Whether its firm reorganization, augmentation or executing a private fund and firm for a portfolio strategy, we offer high level collaborative support across the private fund manager enterprise. Substantial experience and expertise from industry veterans advising the spectrum of strategies (conventional to niche), investors and asset management firms of all shapes and sizes for more than two decades. Our Clients gain the business value of their pedigree and track record complemented by our partner level professional experience across start-ups, established and well-known global asset managers.
What sets us apart
Notwithstanding most institutional capital is allocated to large and well established asset management firms, new and emerging managers with the right business strategy and support can find fundraising success with allocators across high net worth, family offices and institutions. No one business model fits all so we focus on each client’s short and long term goals to create a bespoke (not cookie cutter) fund formation, trading firm infrastructure and professional investor offering structure tailored to a client’s target market investor(s). We take into consideration portfolio strategy, return profile and assets under management to help close the gap between our boutique firm and the big law firm margins without sacrificing a high level of viable “collaborative” business and legal support.
Pre-launch – start-up, emerging or established expertise
- Starting a new private fund, formation and top tier offering documentation tailored to strategy, team, assets and target investors across the spectrum of conventional, niche to conventional strategies and fund offering structures (onshore-offshore).
- Private to SEC registered advisory expertise (set-up, trading structures, counter-parties) implementation and management in contemplation of post-effective fund offering and marketing strategy.
- SEC registered or exempt investment or commodity trading adviser set-up, registration or infrastructure development.
- State and federal fund offering-marketing solicitation management (securities law expertise across blue-sky law, issuer-agent, state and federal exemptions and filings.
- Best practices, SEC ready or benchmark infrastructure expertise across front, middle and back office trading.
- Counter-party set-up, we leverage our resources and experience to curb client fixed costs across fund administrators, accountants, auditors, IT, custodians, prime brokers, introducing brokers, portfolio trading, risk management.
- Deep history working with start-ups, established private fund managers and well-known law firms across the front to back office business, regulatory and securities law matters.
- We have executed numerous trading advisory firms either on behalf of pioneer partners, executives or as a partner or executive to private funds, private to SEC registered firms (U.S. and Global).
- Boutique firm means viable, practical solutions to solve problems.
- Professionals with extensive industry knowledge negotiating with complex investors, platforms, counter-parties, seed investors, sub-advisory relationships, and niche strategies or fund offerings.
- Business strategy guidance, execution or support to meet short and long term objectives with think out of the box solutions to meet an investor’s demand.
- Our partners broad skill sets, real world business experience and relationships facilitate for clients: (i) expansion of target investor base from a high net worth, family offices or institutional; (ii) separate clients from the pack; and (ii) increase the likely-hood of long-term success.1
- Partner level professionals work closely with each client executive (not a junior associates) to add value and make change happen.
For a list of just some of the many strategies, pioneer portfolio managers and conventional to complex fund offerings from inception through growth we currently represent and have represented, please go to key team members -some client examples tab